Much more than just ugly, mold has the nasty capability of causing a number of health issues while damaging many types of building materials. Starting as microscopic organisms, mold spores inhabit dark, moist and warm environments and quickly colonize to become a health hazard. When even the slightest bit of mold is detected, it is imperative that you only use the services of a certified and licensed professional to eradicate the population.

Backed by more than a half-century of industry experience, the 1-800-WET-CARPET team leads the industry in mold removal services. We are exceedingly thorough in our process, taking the appropriate safety measures to guarantee healthy restoration of every surface. Our solutions reach the deepest levels, leaving you with a clean and comfortable interior where you can sleep easy, knowing your home and family are safe from harmful mold and mildew.

Licensed and insured, our team of highly trained and exceptionally skilled technicians has, time and time again, proven an unwavering commitment to customer service that exceeds expectations.

Fighting against ugly, damaging and possibly toxic mold, we are your first defense in mold identification and remediation. Find out why we’re constantly rated as a Top Rated Local® mold removal company by contacting us now. Offering 24-hour emergency services, we are the preferred service provider for the entire region.

Black Mold

Black mold, also known as Stachybotrys Chartarum, is a dangerous type of mold that is at home in damp, dark areas within homes. Black mold can be very harmful, make sure that if you have, or suspect you may have black mold, that you contact a mold removal specialist like our team at 1-800-WET-CARPET in McLean.

Why is black mold dangerous?

Black mold has certainly made a reputation for itself over the years for its dangerous nature. However, the danger (to humans) does not lie within the mold itself. The harm black mold inflicts comes from the spores that it releases into the air. The black mold spores get into our eyes, lungs, nose, and skin creating irritation or potentially other more dangerous symptoms. If you believe you have been exposed to black mold, you should see your doctor right away.

Where does black mold tend to grow?

Black mold thrives in damp, humid, and dark environments. Black mold formation can be common after a home has flooded, or after there are no longer any occupants in a damp part of the country. In order to survive, black mold likes to stay in similar temperatures that people do — not sweltering heat or frigid areas. Black mold also prospers when it has plenty of damp drywall, lumber, or cardboard to feed on. Black mold isn’t always in plain sight either; it can live inside walls or out of site in other areas of the home. If you are worried, then make sure you have a professional mold inspection done by a trusted company.

For mold inspection services in McLean, contact us at 1-800-WET-CARPET.

Symptoms of black mold exposure

There are a number of symptoms that people can experience when exposed to black mold. Some common symptoms of black mold exposure are:

  • Coughing or wheezing
  • Itchy red eyes or skin
  • Sore throat
  • Frequent nosebleeds
  • Stuffy or runny nose

In more severe cases with prolonged exposure to black mold, people experience:

  • Memory loss
  • Sensitivity to light
  • Anxiety
  • General aches and pains

Mold exposure of any kind is a serious health risk, especially black mold. See your general care provider immediately if you believe you have been exposed to black mold or mold of any kind.

For swift and trustworthy mold removal in the McLean area, contact our team at 1-800-WET-CARPET.